<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Redwoods 

As many of you know Sondra and Ben's son Orion died last week at the age of 4. That kind of thing really makes you think about the importance of family and making every day count. Sometimes we take family for granted. Like my dad, who lives near me now. He's in his 70s and hopefully we have many good years ahead of us. But he's never seen the Redwood trees. Since I've had a family of my own we don't spend a lot of time just the two of us. So I just bought a pair of plane tickets for 13 days from now. We'll fly out, rent a car, drive down the beautiful pacific coast highway and he'll see the redwoods for the first time in his long life. And I'll be there with him when he does. Father and son on an adventure together.

I encourage everybody to find the time for family. Take your sister to a concert of a band you both enjoy, take your son fishing, to to a flea market with your mom. Do something, because life is short and if you don't do something now you'll look back someday and wish you had, but it will be too late.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?