<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 25, 2008

there is only the now 

Many congratulations go out to my friends who are getting married. I initially set them up, so I'm not only happy for them, but also feel a sense of accomplishment. Ultimately it works because they really are just great people and great for eachother, and I have absolutely nothing to do with that. My taking credit for it is like deciding to get up and watch the sunrise and then taking credit for the sunrise.

But it got me thinking how important individual moments can be. There are moments in our lives where a single decision or action that literally changed the course of everything from that point on. Marriage is one of those moments, but there are smaller moments we often miss. Either we miss how it changes our lives forever or we miss that our lives could have changed forever and went relatively unchanged.

The point is, try to treat every moment like it counts. Not just in the Hallmark cheezy greeting card kind of way. Seriously look at what you are doing as if the entirety of the future is built on this moment. Now.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?