<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 08, 2003

my bother in law's article 

My brother in law, Daniel Hougey, wrote a piece that I've been told is published in the local paper there. It's another of the violence in films is bad genre of opinion pieces, but still worth a read.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/cctimes/entertainment/movies/7094158.htm

I tend to agree with him, but not totally. People watching films know it is not real. There is something to be said for fulfilling the primal urges by watching a film instead of channeling those urges in real life. I'm probably less violent because of watching action films. I'm still not going to see the movie myself, because I find it disgusting and vulger, but I'm not going to dismiss something that has captivated a society so lightly.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?